Sunday 29 May 2016

Word Bearers Horus Heresy 30k Project: Tanks Tanks Tanks!

Testing out a new paint scheme for a Word Bearer force for 30k I am putting together on the side of my other projects because cause I am a terrible person and can never just finish one project at a time!



Going for a deep dark look with these guys with what is going to be very sharp edge highlighting of bright reds. Hopefully this will give them a more evil/daemonic look.

Paint recipe is the usual, black base, white highlight on raised with the red base colour over the top of that. Red used is Vallejo model air Mahogany. Big change from my usual though was a coat of Darkenhoff Nightshade GW wash that was not watered down. This gave that really deep almost black red look I was chasing. This first pic below is pre wash:

And now post wash. You can see the huge leap in depth and smooth contrast the wash gives.




No comments:

Post a Comment