Friday 11 August 2017

40k Raven Guard Successor Army WIP Part 1: Shiney birds are best birds!

I am addicted to the new Reivers... sneaky skull helmeted crazies chopping and shooting up your backline? yes please! also they look sick, so of course I had to start a new marine army just for them. I experimented a while ago with a 30k Raven guard color scheme based on the purple iridescence of  actual ravens wing coloring. I was please with the outcome but with the failure of 30k heresy to transition into 8th edition anytime before the next ice age I have pulled out of all my 30k projects and will be selling them on as I have no love at all for the 7th ed ruleset and was only playing it for the sweet sweet 30k lore and fluff in light of 7th ed 40k being so unbalanced. So now I wanted a dark purple and black shiney Raven guard army and 40k was the format to do it in.

Reiver Primaris marines

I really wanted a more purple look on this army instead of sheer black so held back on the 3rd black wash and this allowed me too retain a strong base color coming through. As with most metallic paint schemes you first chuck down a primed layer in this case silver then build up the color tone you want with successive washes. I was able to get it down too 2x purple wash and 2x black wash and then just batch painted the infantry. The two Stormravens with have to be done via airbrush due to their large surface areas so I will attempt that once all the infantry are completed.

 Primaris Librarian 
  

Snuck in a cheeky primaris/cypher conversion for a captain model to suit the sneaky theme as well as a basic headswap on the primaris librarian. I am torn on bases for these guys so if you have any ideas please let me know








No comments:

Post a Comment