Thursday 28 June 2018

40k and 30k Projects: Imperial Fists dream of metallic yellow sunsets - Part 1

Finally back into the hobby again! It has been a good 6 month hiatus inflicted with a move and job change but lets get back into it. I have been inspired by the smashingly good Dorn release from ForgeWorld and keen to bulk out an Imperial Fists army that can be used in both 30k and 40k

Imperial Fists Cataphractii Terminators Metallic Yellow 40k


After experimenting with metallic paint jobs and techniques I must say I am very partial too the spray silver and then wash camp. I lack the space for an airbrush friendly area currently so away we go with washes again. I had been scouring the internet for ideas to

make a very unique Fists paint theme and came across a gent called Corai on the B&C forums back in 2014 who pushed out some fantastic conversions and was able to pull off a brilliant metallic yellow scheme. So in true internet fashion I stole his hard won wisdom and decided to apply it to my dudes.

I had a whole bunch of Cataphractii Terminators spare so I decided to build a Terminator only force to accompany Dorn when he finally arrives on my door. I started with 3 squads and 2 HQs and will expand from there

Painting is super easy for this scheme:
1) Spray silver
2) Wash with nuln oil
3) Wash the panels you want yellow with Casandra yellow wash 1 layer

Imperial Fists Cataphractii Terminators Metallic Yellow 40k

4) Fill in your black and red sections to taste

Imperial Fists Cataphractii Terminators Metallic Yellow 40k

5) Wash the panels you want yellow again

Imperial Fists Cataphractii Terminators Metallic Yellow 40k

6) A thin coat of yellow glaze on your yellow panels


7) Fill in details and weather accordingly to taste

Imperial Fists Cataphractii Terminators Metallic Yellow 40k

Lots more work to do on these guys yet like all the faces, weapons and lenses, will do an update once they are table ready!




3 comments:

  1. Hi I’m looking at doing something very similar saw the B+C guy and I think you’ve done a great job at making it simpler.
    Is it leadbelcher spray you use and the casandora yellow shade from GW?
    I know this is an old post so if you don’t reply no worries
    Your models look great!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Just a cheap rattle can silver and yes on the GW casandora wash. You 100% have to seal the rattle can silver after application too allow the washes to stick to the surface though!

      Delete
    2. Thanks Due i bought a can on leadbelcher so hopefully that will do!

      Delete