Wednesday 9 December 2015

Night Lords Horus Heresy 30k Project: Betrayal at Calth Converting and Starting an Army

Current work in progress project is a 30k Horus Heresy Night Lords army, looking to paint up and convert a flexible 2k force that I can change up to play on any given day. The group of guys I regularly play and hobby with are starting to get big into Zone Mortalis as well so hopefully I can get a board done up once the army is finished.

So to start with I picked up 2 Betrayal at Calth boxes, the Night Lords force will use up one box as the core of my army and the 2nd box will be canabalised for conversion and filling out the optional units. Whatever is left over will go towards the building blocks of a possibly World Eaters Zone Mortalis force!

So to start off lets get to the best part of the Calth boxes, the Contemptor Dreads! I saw bit of downplay of these models pre release due to the static nature of the pose, but as any converter knows a few quick cuts in the joints here and there and its an easy fix. I also wanted to change the helm on one and was able to cut up a Bloodthirster of Khorne's arm guard for a easy skull helm.

IMG_1350_Night-Lords-30k
I will magnetise the arms eventually but waiting on a new set of slightly larger magnets to arrive. Next was too Night Lord the models up a bit, a few chains, skulls, etc.

IMG_1352_Night-Lords-30k
With some Night Lords esc additions to the Dreads I also made some Chainglaives for the unit champions as well as a head and weapon swap on the Chaplain so I can use him as any of the other HQs choices as needed.

No comments:

Post a Comment