Wednesday 9 December 2015

Night Lords Horus Heresy 30k Project: Basecoats and a Test Model

So now I have assembled the core of the Night Lords force from the Calth set its time to basecoat and get the first bits of shading done. After visiting a fellow gamers place and him giving me a whirl on his airbrush set up I was hooked and promptly went out and got an airbush myself. This project is my first go at utilising the airbrush for basing and shading an army. Primarily I wanted a darker more midnight Night lords armour colour than is usually seen, but at the same time I wanted to try and have some transition/shading.

I picked up a Vallejo Model Air starter paint set and it came with everything I am going to need for a couple of projects in the future as well. Base coat was of course black, once this had dried I did a 45degree spray of white on the top 15% of the model. This was a thin and selective coat which will give hopefully a smooth transition for the blue once it goes on top of the balck/white pieces. The blue used is Vallego 004 - Model Air Blue.
IMG_1353_Night-Lords-30k
With this done it was time to try a test model and see if the overall feel of a darker Night Lords paint scheme actually works. IMG_1358_Night-Lords-30k
I think it turned out ok, now all I have to do is try and learn how to do lightning bolts on the armor..........time to watch some painting tutorials and thin my paints.

No comments:

Post a Comment